quotes of the pious


Taqwa knowledge and beauty


It is reported that Abû Al-Dardâ – Allâh be pleased with him – said:
You will never be pious (a person of taqwâ) until you become knowledgeable, and you will never be beautiful with your knowledge until you act [by it].

Ibn Ábd Al-Barr, Jâmi’ Bayân Al-’Ilm wa Fadlihî article 1239.




Friday, March 23, 2012

Checking from where the Sun Rises


It is reported that Al-Dahhāk said:

How surprising it is that the companions of ‘Abdulāh (ibn Mas’ūd) are looking now to see where the sun rises from. Do they not know that when Fajr comes from a direction, the sun rises from the same?
It is reported that Jundub b. ‘Abdillāh Al-Bajalī said:
I once sought permission to see Hudhayfah three times without being given permission. So I left, but his messenger caught up with me. [When I spoke to Hudhayfah] he asked, “What made you leave?” I replied, “I thought you were sleeping (after Fajr).” He said, “I do not sleep until I see where the sun rises from.” [The narrator] said, “I related this to Muhammad (another narrator), to which he said, ‘More than one of the Companions of Muhammad – Allāh’s praise and peace be upon him – did this.’”

Ibn Abī Shaybah, Kitāb Al-Adab articles 156 and 157.


No comments:

Post a Comment